Saturday, May 13, 2006

L.A.=Lounging Around

I'm sorry. I forgot to mention in the last post that we played the alphabet game in the car a whopping ONE TIME and Stephanie won. You see, I was ahead most of the game, but got stuck on Z and Stephanie caught up. By the time we were in a town we saw a sign for Sizzler. Stephanie saw it first, freaked out and yelled "Z! Z! Z!" and I nearly had a heart attack. She won, and almost killed me in the process.

I also forgot to mention for a select few of my readers that we passed by the infamous Rice Hill, and drove past Grants Pass where Tom Kunke spilled the infamous beans. Blue Steel forever! Even when one of our own sins.

Today Stephanie and I went to see the great sites of the town we're staying in. Sorry Emily and Graham, but that took about 20 minutes. We played some Nintendo, watched Lyndsey's demo reel of acting parts, and then took off to see the sites of L.A. Lyndsey and Gerry were so gracious to us and drove us around to some sites. I've never been in a tourist in L.A., always driven straight through.

We took in Olvera Street, the oldest street in Los Angeles. We took off to Hollywood and Grauman's Chinese Theater- very different than I expected, but fun. I think I try to play cool a lot to avoid looking like a tourist, but in Hollywood it seems like everyone's a tourist, so I just jumped on board and took a lot of pictures. I found Gregory Peck's handprints and took a picture. There was also some DVD premier of "High School Musical" about to happen across the street, and although I have no idea what that is, I took a picture of the red carpet and gates. Oooo. It's funny- Hollywood seems so unreal, and then you see it, and it seems much TOO real, and loses its magic, I think. That's for the better, I'm sure.

We drove through Beverly Hills, and back up to the home of Lyndsey's friend Lorraine who we met in February when Lyndsey and Lorraine made a road trip to Portland. We brought take out to the house and had the grand tour, it's a beautiful home up in the Pasadena hills.

Tomorrow Stephanie and I drive into Mexico. It seems like it's not happening because of all this tourist action, but tomorrow we'll be eating from taco stands and trying to speak Spanish. Hopefully sometime soon I can get some pictures online. I know you want to see pictures of us being tourists.

4 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

mexico! hip hip! i'm so excited for you. and jealous that you got to hang out with lyndsey and lorraine (i want to see the acting reel!)

...i miss you. it's real quiet in tabor house without you guys :(

 
At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Meghan, sounds like you and Stephanie are having a heck of time. I wish I could have as much fun as you gals. Student teaching is an experience I will never forget but look forward to ending. I wanted to let you know that I have been checking the blog everyday to see how things are going and will continue to do so as often as I can. I am glad all is well. You two are in my thoughts and prayers. Happy Mother's Day (if that means anything to non-mother's). - Matt

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad Scott says, sounds like you're having to much fun. Keep checking the oils and water levels. Didn't hear from you after you called at the border so you must of got a Green light with no questions about the cargo you had. Email or blog us when you get settled.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the mental image of stephanie shouting "Z!Z!" made me laugh out loud...you people are crazy! natalie's right, it is real quiet here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home