Friday, September 01, 2006

I had my first semi-Korean experience. I guess this is just a hint of things to come!

I went to Kinko's today to fax something to my school in Korea, and at first put in the wrong number, without the right country code, and the nice automated lady told me the number I had entered was bad. So then I tried again, except I dialed the wrong number again. I obviously dialed the right country code because it rang once, and then over the ringing was some cute music, and a cartoony voice saying things in Korean.

I didn't know what to do, because I'm not used to using fax machines. Just when I was thinking that I should do something, someone picked up the phone and said "hello?" with a Korean accent. I still didn't know what to do! She finally hung up after saying "hello?" a few more times. I felt bad, and equally embarrassed, being in the Kinko's and having someone say "hello?" to me over and over and again. But what was I supposed to do?

I tried again, and as soon as I heard that cute music and cartoon voice, I pressed stop as quickly as I could. Luckily, the fax machine prints off a piece of paper that tells you whether it worked or not, and what number you dialed. I realized what I needed to fix.

I got it done, don't worry about that, and sent off stuff to Korea. And that costs a lot, so don't ever send anything to me.

The end. For now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home