Monday, September 18, 2006

Packing

It's really hard to pack for a year in two suitcases. I'm getting very used to giving away clothes and extra things.

I think there's an art to packing for a long-term living arrangement. It's easy to pack for 2 months in Mexico: nobody cares what you wear, and really jeans and tshirts are the best thing to wear. Plus you can always say to yourself "I'll just leave these things at home, I'll be back in 2 months". But, of course, a year is a little different, especially in a country that has four very different seasons, AND my job will be in a more professional environment. My main concern in Mexico was not getting child bodily fluids or bleach on my clothes. In Korea my main concern will be making sure I look the part. I'm packing away things in boxes that I won't see for a year: clothes, books, posters, mementos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home