Monday, November 13, 2006

And Another Thing

Koreans have this different time table from the norm in America. They stay up late and go into work later. Banks and offices usually open at 9 or 10, but people work until 6 or 7, and stay up late. The busiest time of the day at the local store is between 10 and 11 at night, which includes small children.

Went to the orphanage on Saturday and had play time with the kids. Here are two cute little boys. The one with the bob haircut was clingy and cute and I liked him. He shares my love for Pingu.






It's cold and blustery here. Thank goodness for warm shell jackets and scarves and hot chocolate. We went over to a housewarming party with people from church, where Stephanie and I had a omelette cooking competition between us and our Chinese friends. We won, hands down.

You know how at places like Target they sell tents and sleeping bags and on display they have little mini-versions? Well, since it's cold weather season now, seat covers are the item to have, and they have the mini-versions here, too! They're so cute.



Stephanie says she's going to buy one of these and take it on the subway with her. Which, in a mental picture, just induces giggles. I can just picture Stephanie, the foreigner, lugging this thing around and placing it on her subway seat, between all the Korean people.




November was Peppero Day. It's mostly this made up holiday because the dates are 11-11, and Peppero sticks are shaped like the number 1. Long crispy sticks (like a cracker taste) covered in chocolate. Or something. So Saturday was Peppero Day, which I guess has turned into what resembles America's Valentine's Day. People buy huge boxes of Pepperos. I got a few from my students. Funny enough, presents like these (and cookies at snack time) seem to come from the students at whom I am most often mad. I love kids' sixth sense.

Here's my stash:

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Marcus said...

Koreans have a far superior sleep schedule. I've been advocating that for years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home