Sunday, January 10, 2010

Two posts in one day!

While I was at home, I took the opportunity to use my grandma's sewing machine. I did a few small sewing projects this summer at my parents' place, but the machines frustrated me, and I only got through making stuff for other people - not myself, like I had planned.

So, off to Gram's house I went, armed with some pretty cotton lining I received as a gift for my birthday, and some fine red corduroy I bought at Fabric Depot. And voila! I made myself a new purse. This was fun because it's a different style than I've done before. After the fact I looked up how to do pleats, so my next one will be even better. I even made it official by making (and keeping!) the pattern to the bag. I'm making strides!

In more exciting news - my cousin in Toronto called to say that she really wanted to ship an old sewing machine of hers out to me! It was a hand-me-down to her, and she never uses it, so I get it! I should have it at the end of the month. I'm beyond excited!!

As I said before - we went on a bus tour on Wednesday - here are a couple shots of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home