Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mexico

I slept horribly last night, due to my allergies (hay fever). They seem especially bad this year. I don't remember being kept awake at night last year. This is just one more tiny reason why I'm ready to leave on Friday for Mexico. They don't have pollens in Mexico! :) At least, I've never experienced allergies in MY part of Mexico.

I leave on Friday, the 12th, and I'm trying to tie up all loose ends here. I've made multiple trips to the Salvation Army, to my friends' place to store things, and more than a handful of trips to the garbage and recycling bins outside my house. I've put plenty of things in storage, but said goodbye to my comfortable reading chair (fairly ugly, but so comfy!), our family's old record player, and plenty of old clothes. I have to pat myself on the back for being able to fit all of my clothes in two suitcases. My room is currently very scattered looking and it's taking just about all of my gumption to try and sort it out. Small pieces here and there are the worst thing about moving.

I had planned to spend the summer helping out mom and dad, and all-around hanging around in Vicente, but I also signed a teaching contract for next school year in Ensenada. My job starts in August, and I'll be teaching at a private bilingual school, 6th, 7th, and possibly eighth grade. Yes, I will teach in English. Most people assume that I can speak fairly good Spanish, but I can't, and so any attempt for me to teach in Spanish would be fairly chaotic.

Mom and I had a good trip to Klamath Falls to visit Rinda, Hannah, and Dana. We drove from there up to Long Beach, WA, to visit my cousins. On our trip we decided to take an unfamiliar road, hwy 22 out west of Salem, to the coast, and headed North. Hwy 22 was gorgeous and I'm glad we decided to take the detour. It was like tour de Oregon... one last rich, green hurrah before I live in the desert-y coastal towns of Baja California.

1 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meghan, I'm so proud of you. You are a great person and I know you will excel in teaching English! Enjoy your trip down and be careful. A road trip always requires an ice cream cone! God bless - Renee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home