Friday, February 27, 2009

I had an enlightening day yesterday.

I subbed the afternoon for a 5th grade class and the one real lesson I did with them was an introduction to comparing and contrasting. They split into partners and the first exercise had them answering 7 questions about themselves and about their partner. Hair color, hobbies, favorites, etc. One boy didn't have a partner, so I teamed up with him. We got to the last question, which was about favorite food. He hemmed and hawed for a while and then said "Salsa from the Taco House".

Hm.

Now, if you know my family or me, you would know this is a big deal. I freaked out a little. I said "REALLY? I love that place!" And since I was at a Gresham school, I said "You know they closed the one out here, right?" and he responded "I KNOW! I went there one day with my family and it was closed!" and I said "ME TOO!!" And pretty soon the kids around us were laughing at us.

It was funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home