Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Boooooks

You know you really are a teacher when you get yourself up early on a Saturday and spend 5 hours walking around and shelving items in exchange for free children's books. I did just that last Saturday, deciding it was worth the opportunity to work at the Scholastic Book Fair Warehouse Sale in order to get free books. I mean, I can't afford to buy them, so I might as work for them, right?

I walked away with $50 worth of books, which was actually more than $100 worth of books considering all the books in the warehouse were at least half off. Grand total of 22 chapter books, and 2 picture books. Awesome!

Now I just need a classroom. It's weird to buy books for a classroom and students you don't have. My mom says that taking pictures of my bounty and telling people all about it qualifies me as a nerd. No, Mom, I think that might have been the old accordion music you bought for me yesterday at the thrift store :)

Monday my patience was pushed to the limit by a sweet looking boy who colored his nose red ("I'm Rudolph!") with a marker during morning free time. He was stepped on later in the day because he was trying to get through the crowd at the paper station and decided lying on the floor, crawling through legs was the quickest route. He got in trouble at recess for spitting.

It's amazing to me, but when he asked me if he could go to the bathroom toward the end of the day, and I replied with, "I don't know, with everything that's gone on today I'm not sure I can trust you to go to the bathroom", he looked at me with his big innocent eyes as if he had no idea what I was talking about.

Unfortunately, this was not a kindergartener. He was in fourth grade. OH SIGH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home