Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Let it be

Let it be known that I have figured out my haircut. When I say this, I mean that I have figured out its lookalikes. I realized that my hair is either a 40 year old mom's hair OR a fifth grade boy.

When nannying a few weeks ago I noticed that the little boy and I had almost the same haircut.

Charming, right?

I had fourth graders today. They were excellent, excluding the tossing of carrots in a baggie, leftover from someone's lunch. Lovely. Free write time was filled with stories of pirates and mean classmates. But lo! A story about me! A young lass wrote a story of the mean substitute (not me) and how I came the next day to save them with parties and candy and general super niceness. Wishful thinking.

At the end of the day when I presented the winning table group with my bag of "goodies", as promised the whole day through, I was greeted with "I thought it was candy!", to which I replied "you let your imagination get the best of you, my friend". I don't give kids candy. I just can't do it. So instead I live vicariously through my students and buy them super cute pencils, erasers, and sharpeners at the dollar tree.

A thought to ponder: What is up with fifth grade boys wearing skin tight jeans nowadays? I know that makes me old to say that, but it's so funny to see. I just giggle to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home