Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hmph

I would just like to say that I don't enjoy it when a mother accuses me of not watching her children.

I arrived at a home last night where things were already in good disarray. I've been at the home before so this didn't surprise me. It also didn't surprise me after the Dad went upstairs to talk to his wife and the kids began to gargle the milk in their mouths, bump glasses so hard that milk spilled out of them, and got up from the table to run around the house like maniacs.

The mom came home later and found a couple of her bags/purses under the kitchen table with the contents spilled out. I hadn't noticed the bags. She asked me if I knew what happened with her bags. I said simply no, I didn't, and that the kids had eaten their dinner, and gotten up to play. They weren't in the kitchen the rest of the evening.

She walked away and began picking up all those things that had been on the floor when I got there and asked, more directly, "So you don't know who got out my purses and dumped all of these things on the floor." I replied "No... I think it was like that when I got here." In other words, your kids did THAT lovely activity on YOUR time, lady, not mine. I didn't pay attention to it and had figured it was just little kid stuff on the floor.

I felt accused of being irresponsible, and wrongly accused at that. She was so unfriendly in her tone and demeanor that I was more than happy to get out of there. I felt I needed to clear my name so began to tell her (although I shouldn't have had to), that the two youngest were running around and playing dress up. They had gotten into their own clothes, and when I went to investigate, found them pulling apart the nightgown drawers of their mother's dresser. I demanded that it be cleaned up and put back, and to stay out of their parents' room. She at least thanked me for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home