Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Accordionly

I got a birthday card from my parents that said "It's your birthday, please act accordionly". Ohhh that makes me giggle.

Anyway, I was playing my accordion today and thinking about how I've been stuck on the same book for quite some time. I decided that when I get a real job I should take accordion lessons. Then I remembered that I liked look up accordions on craigslist, and I found this guy in Sandy who repairs old accordions, and I enjoyed looking at his pages of pictures of accordions he's owned or worked on. I also found the website for the Hagan studio, in Northeast Portland, that I've heard about online and through talking shop with another accordion player (the ONLY time that's ever happened to me), and I think it's a new website.

The last time I picked up my accordion (the one I always play), I found that my C# and one other note that I can't remember, are loose and make clicking sounds. Well, I have no money to get it checked out, or to have it looked at, so I will have to keep my ears open in case I'm totally ruining my instrument.

In October I received a very awesome hand-me-down in a vintage lady's size accordion. Apparently it was custom made for a friend of this couple I know. She died, and the accordion had been sitting in their garage for a while. It's a gorgeous accordion, but is somewhat out of tune and has quite a few bad notes. Physically, though, it's in excellent shape. I've tried to do some research, but haven't come up with much so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home