Friday, November 14, 2008

Kindergarten Repeat

Yesterday I was back at the Kindergarten that so eloquently became the best story of my sub life so far. I really do adore this class, and I'm excited that their teacher keeps requesting me back. She's had two other subs so far this year, I know, and for some reason she keeps requesting me instead. Somehow I'm at the top of the list!

There was no throwing up yesterday in class, but two girls did go home at lunch time due to upset stomachs. The staff is being almost over diligent about the stomach sickness just because of what happened last time. I'm taking my Emergen-C and hoping for the best. Apparently the case of our epidemic-infested school was all over the news, but seeing as how very rarely watch TV, I didn't get to see it.

The kids were back in good spirits little chatty cathies all morning long. It's hard to blame them, but it's getting to the point where they should know how to behave. All in all, though, I look forward to going to their classroom because I am so well versed in their routine and procedures. Besides, if I don't get it right I know that there will be 10 of the students who will tell me how to do it right. Kindergarten go-to phrase is "I know Ms._____ normally does it that way, but I'm here today, so we're going to do it differently. Okay? Okay!" Phew.

Last night I nannied for a family 5 kids. FIVE. And not mixed ages, but almost all kinda bunched together in age. It's a blended family and the night was basically a whirlwind, but I got out alive.

Today I had third graders for the morning, who were mostly a great class, in a very diverse school. I hope to someday teach out in this area, so it was interesting to see how their school worked. I had a couple kids in class today who were just adorable. Third graders are funny because they're not little anymore, but they're not quite big kids. Limbo.

1 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know this might sound weird but uh....i wish i can love kids the way you love them....hahaha.....

i mean ....i DO LOVE THEM....but it seems like you love them on this total different level!!!!

anyways...just thought i'd stop by!!

Cheers!

E

 

Post a Comment

<< Home