Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

In my mind a Thanksgiving day should be a relaxing time, and my Thanksgiving was exactly that. Major props to my mom for cooking the meal, and being an all-around awesome hostess. We had a nice, quiet time together as a family.

Joel and Rinda and I played Scrabble, while I tried to explain the whole thing to my 5-year-old niece, Hannah. With my tiles in front of me, she picked out "H" and "A" and decided I needed to have a "T" so I could spell H-A-T. Then I had to explain the trouble with Scrabble, and that is that you have to work with what is on the board. After I explained this, she still decided I needed a "T", so that I could also spell C-A-T.

Well, I told the little missy to cross her fingers while I drew my next letters. Apparently little missy has never crossed her fingers before for luck, because as soon as I told her to cross her fingers, she extended both of her index fingers and put one over the top of the other, like a cross. CLOSE, but no cigar. We got to teacher how to really cross her fingers for good luck.

I had to work a really long nanny day on Friday, so I missed out on Black Friday Scott family style. I heard the day included an extremely awesome estate sale in Lake Oswego (where many prize posessions were to be found, including 5 dollars in the pocket of jeans that Rinda bought), and 50% off day at Salvation Army. Ah well.

It's always so good to see them all, and my nieces are wonderful. I mean, who doesn't just love a 5 year old who makes up stories about daisies who can talk, and an almost three year old who sings "kwinkle kwinkle little stahhh"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home