Saturday, April 11, 2009

Oh yeah

I realized that I've forgotten about this blog. This is probably because nothing much has happened, and I don't have much to talk about. Or who reads this? Mom, Dad, Renee? :) At any rate, since the last time I posted I went to Mexico and started grad school at Portland State. Mexico was wonderful, as it always is, and I really had a hard time coming home. It does help to know that I'll be back in June, but right now that seems very far away.

I helped lead a group of 19 college students to Welcome Home. It was a really good trip, and the students were great. They always plan 10 day trips which seem so much more productive AND relaxing than other week long trips I've been on.

When I'm in Mexico so much it seems pointless to keep taking pictures of the same things, so although I took my camera, I never got it out of my bag. The only proof I have of this trip is this picture that a group member, Kjerstin, took. The group hosted a pool day for the daycare kids. this is Obed, who is actually the son of Saidel, the cleaning lady at the daycare, and a friend. He looks scared.
That's about it!

The two weeks after the trip have been a blur and exhausting. On the 30th, we woke up at 4:30am and we drove back to the States, I being one of the drivers. We flew to Seattle, I flew from Seattle to Portland, and I got back to my house at 11:30pm. I got up at 5:30 the next morning to teach fourth graders, and started a two week stint covering for somebody I know. It was a tough group of fourth graders, they tired me out, and right now I'm basking in the fact that although I may sub for them again, it won't be for two weeks.

The Thursday after I got back I started taking classes for my Master's at Portland State. I have two classes on Thursday nights from now until June. This is from 4:00-9:20pm, so needless to say after a day of dealing with those fourth graders, it was a little hard to stay awake in class.

I've done some nannying at nights since I've been back, but not as many as I would normally attempt, due to the full time sub job and the homework now expected of me. I'm now realizing that it will be back to a varying schedule as I hope and pray for sub and nannying jobs. I'm looking forward to June :)

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Meghan I still read and enjoy your life stories. I miss seeing you, I hope to see you in the fall - WPC Knights! Take care,

Renee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home