Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. At Costco yesterday I picked up some ciabatta rolls, just like old times in Korea. I ran 6.5 miles this morning at the gym, and later I had to eat something to replenish my energy. Lo and behold, I make an awesome sandwich:
And yes, if you're wondering, that roll is toasted.

I keep cleaning off the table in my room, meaning to throw things away, and every time I do, I can't throw away a little treasure I got a few weeks ago. At the end of the day I stand in the doorway of my fifth grade classroom, waiting for my students' names to be called so they can leave with their parents. One afternoon a few of my third grade girls ran up to me, "Miss Meghan! Miss Meghan!! You win a prize!! Miss Meghan! Come!" I had no idea what they were talking about, and although I protested, they grabbed my arms and led me to the third grade classroom.

I had, indeed, won a raffle. A raffle of one of my students. As in, she drew my name or my name came up in her cootie catcher or SOMETHING, and I got to pick a prize off her table. The prizes? Drawings and sketches and little knick knacks. I choose for myself a little tiny book she had made, entitled "Marta, the Spider", and I'd like to share it with you:

The cover: "Marta the Spider"
"Marta the spider wanted to have house" -- "And she proposed to make a house and she made it."
"But it was destroyed" -- "And she began to cry."
"A spider that she knew told her not to cry now, again" -- "She made it again, and she got it, and she had a house". By Frida, 3rd grade.

2 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Kelly Anne said...

No way! Don't throw that away. It's AWESOME!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Ariel and Amanda said...

that's so sweet! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home