Sunday, May 28, 2006

Futbol

The other day Tony was over here at our place. Tony is the guy, for you Warner people, who helps us build homes when our groups come into town. For those of you that worked on the addition, he was there a lot of the time. When I mentioned I was from the college, he said ¨oh yeah! Good guys¨, and then said he remembered Dana, who learned her Spanish in Spain, and Virginia who dubbed herself Lady Knight or something.

Last night at church we had youth service and then tostadas afterward, and then a futbol game in the road and in the church parking lot. We played boys against girls, or muchachos vs. muchachas, and it was a really good time. I can´t ever remember playing soccer beyond school PE, and so I had no idea what I was doing. That´s not a terribly good thing when most of these kids have grown up playing soccer. It was fun, anyway. We played for quite a long time.

At one point in the game one of the girls, Geno I think, grabbed the ball in her hands and threw it, and then another girl did the same. I don´t know if it was just to have fun, or out of frustration for our lack of goals made, but it was funny nonetheless. I had just been kidding around with Luis, saying ¨futbol americano¨ and shoving him. Finally I picked up the ball, tucked it in my arm, and ran like a football player toward the goal, severely shoving Chuy in the process, and nearly taking out the goalie. I made a goal! Well, it was the only way I knew how. I really enjoyed that.. I always wanted to play real football, but never did. I didn´t even care that I scratched my hands on the second rate plywood on the side of the building.

Unfortunately we had to leave early for fear that our gate would be locked, and so we kinda left the party half finished.

I think from now on I´m carrying my camera everywhere. I´m upset that I didn´t get any pictures of our makeshift parking lot futbol.

2 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I have been reading your bogs but only today figured out how to respond.
The futbol game sounds like a real fun time. We are getting so excited about our trip and I am not even sure if the kids know you'll be there too.
Is there any reason to drag their snorkel gear along?
Peace,
Charlotte

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter the futbol/football hero. Had no idea!
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home