Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Insadong

Monday I didn't work, but Stephanie did. I was pretty bored, so when I got the opportunity to meet up on Tuesday with some people from church I was pretty excited to even just get out of this apartment. After a minor fiasco trying to connect with them at a certain subway stop, we found each other, and sat at a coffee shop while we waited to meet up with Stephanie. That turned into another minor fiasco, but finally we were all together, and we went to a small shopping street called Insadong to eat and look around.

I really, REALLY liked Insadong. It has small shops, but also street vendors. Lots of little trinkets for sale and souvenirs, but also some really nice stuff as well. I told Stephanie we have to go back there when we have money because there were so many cute things. There was also a cool building with shops that had a few stories, and you walked on the deck that just kept rising - no stairs, but a winding deck that went up. I don't know why I'm so fascinated by it, but I am.

I didn't have my camera, but our friend Eddy did, so here are a couple pictures he took.

Candice, myself, and Stephanie on the deck, third story.


The three of us at a subway stop. We didn't want our pictures being taken, so we were being stupid, but this is what the inside of a subway station looks like.


We've been riding the subway a lot - yesterday we met Candice and Eddy across town, and it took about an hour to get there. Then yesterday we had to go to the immigration office to register for our "alien registration card" (sounds ala Roswell), and it was also about an hour train ride, maybe even a little longer. We got to fill out a form, sit in a hot room, hand over our passports once again, and now we wait to get an ID card. We also have to go back and pick them up in a couple weeks. Fun!

More pictures coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home