Wednesday, April 11, 2007

This Weekend

First of all I found this article in the New York Times about the globalization of English. It's an interesting read. You might have to sign up for the New York Times online in order to read it, but that is really easy to do.

We had a busy Saturday. We spent our morning with the middle school school kids we hang out with on a regular basis. We went to Namsan mountain (a short walk from their place), and went to the science museum. It was free, all hands-on, and fun for the kids.

Don't they look like they are having fun?
The Namsan tower:
Charlie watching the marbles:
Stephanie and HeeJong on the phone:
Here is a video of Steph, HeeJong, and me playing with the funny mirrors at the museum:


The girls (Laura, Steph, HeeJong):
The boys (Charlie, John, Joseph, Michael):
On the walk home Charlie hid in this stairwell of an apartment building and peeked out at us:

We met up with our friends Brian and SoYoung, and met SoYoung's friend who got us tickets to the Seoul Auto Show in Ilsan! I've never been to a car show (save for collector car shows), and so this was a fun experience. It was Saturday afternoon, however, and so it was hard to take pictures because there were so many people wandering around. But, of course, I did find myself able to take pictures of my favorite brand:
You know, Volvo's all about "safety first" and I think they were the only car with this sort of "see inside" car, boasting of its safety:
The Volvo S80:
Inside a Volvo XC70 (though you can't even tell):
Us girls (aw, SoYoung has her eyes closed!):


They had all kinds of cars there, but sorry Joel, I am now realizing that I did not see one Toyota! If I had, I would have taken a picture of that new Land Cruiser for you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home