Tuesday, November 21, 2006

2 months!

In the words of Stephanie, today is my two month anniversary with Seoul. I arrived here on the 22nd of September, and it's November already!

Seoul is a great, great city. This is what I like about it:

-it's relatively clean. For a big city, it's pretty nice. Fairly clean sidewalks, clean public restrooms, clean parks. (smog? not so clean)

-the subway. I am a huge fan of the subway. I haven't even thought about wanting to drive a car since I've been here. The convenience is great.

-the people. Everyone is really nice here. I have not met an unfriendly Korean.

-activities. There's so much to do here in the city. Sometimes it seems almost overwhelming with the possibilities. And that's not even counting the activities outside of the Seoul metro area.

-good friends. we've been really blessed to find some amazing people to spend time with. So a big holla to IWE and the crazies that go to church there.

-Korean bbq. Hello! It's awesome. I can't wait to take some of you out to Korean food when I get home. Korean bbq and kimchi! yum.

While walking around E-Mart the other day I thought about how when I first got here I had no idea about what to do. I knew nothing of the subway, I felt nervous every time I left the apartment. I didn't feel like I knew what I was doing with my teaching. New at the city, new at church, new at work. And now, it all seems so natural, I love it.

In honor of my two month anniversary I will share the sentence Tom made last night. Using the phrase "come(s) out of" Tom intelligently made this sentence: "Jack comes out of Tommy's stomach". I laughed really hard, and Tom assured me, saying "Tommy is mother, Jack is baby!" So thank you, Tom, for that visual.

Seoul Tower, at night, via the Korean village:

1 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,
So happy to read (further down) that you received your Amazon CDs. They called here saying that a "Meghan Scott" wanted CDs sent to Korea and wanted to know if it was on the "up and up." After debating about it for half a second, I thought the one thing you'd definitely want would be a CD. Was I right, or what???
Love you!!
Donna, Terry & Lily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home