Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Nature Style

Last night, as my students were writing some sentences, and I was standing there, I leaned over to one of my students and said, "Peter... do you have a perm?" as I touched his hair. He swatted my hand away and didn't answer, but kept writing. I touched again, and jokingly asked again, "Peter, is this a perm?" but he moved his head away from my hand and gave me no answer.

Somehow this led to me telling my students that my hair was not a perm (I have been wearing my hair wavy lately, for those of you back at home). It was really funny to see their responses, even from the boys.

Henry: "no perm?"
Me: "No, it's not... cool, huh?" (as a put my flat palms under my hair to act like I'm modeling it).
Henry: "hmmm... uhh no perm?"
Me: "Nope!"
Andy: "Ahh.... Nature style."
Me: "Haha. Yes. Nature style."

So there you have it folks, my waves are "Nature style" and not a perm, a wonderment to my students. Though, I never found out if little Peter had a perm or not.

1 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, am I on Steph's page or Meghan's?

My hair's been pretty nature lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home