Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mexico, Mexico

Well, Mexico is the fifth country I am visiting, and luckily for me I get to stay here for an extended period. After traveling for basically 3 weeks, it feels good to be somewhere for a while. Today I even started putting away clothes in a dresser! That feels like some progress.

Friday I left Portland with my friends Natalie, Brendan, and Amanda. We drove in Brendan's car. We left late Friday morning and drove and drove and drove. We drove through the night and into the next morning and finally arrived in Los Angeles, and then San Diego. For those of you from other places, Portland, Oregon to San Diego is about 1,080 miles! Fun! We were pretty tired throughout the night, but I love taking road trips and I guess I must take after my father. We got into L.A. early on Saturday morning and we drove around Hollywood and Bel Air, which is always a reality check. Hollywood is NOT a nice area, no matter how much it's talked up in the media.

Here are some pictures from our trip southward. This is Mt. Shasta in Northern California, although I believe I took the picture in Southern Oregon:

A closer picture of Mt. Shasta:
Lake Shasta?

We met my parents in San Diego late Saturday afternoon. I was anxious and so excited to see them after being away in Korea. We had a nice night of relaxation, and then woke up Sunday morning to meet a group from New Hope church (for you Portland people), to drive into Mexico.

Here's the huge, Mexican flag in Ensenada:

Driving out to La Bufadora (The Blowhole), along the Pacific Ocean:

So here we are in Mexico! The group from New Hope is here, building a house. Here are some pictures of the house they are building, and the pictures include my parents, for those of you who know them:

And this picture includes Tony, the construction foreman who oversees our housing projects:
Here is the view from the house they are building, facing out to the Pacific Ocean:

2 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Meghan - thanks again for writing. I always enjoy your descriptions and pictures. Enjoy your time in Mexico. Hello to your parents!

Renee

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... Shasta. I love Mt. Shasta. :) My godparents live near Redding, so whenever I go out there, we usually drive up.
Good pictures. Thanks for posting them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home