Monday, July 09, 2007

Donaciones and kids

Well, Mom and I just spent some time going through a bunch of donated clothes. It's funny some of the things we find, and what people decide to donate to Mexico. First of all, I would like to say that I'm quite appalled that anyone would donate this shirt. I got this shirt made 6 years ago for a benefit concert I put together for my senior project in high school. (6 years ago!!!) Whoever you are, I can't believe that you wouldn't treasure it always. Just joking around:
Mom says "yo quiero Taco House":

We were trying to figure out why someone would give this, and even what it is. It reminded me of the book I'm reading (Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne, you should read it) where he remembers the time that someone gave a huge box of microwave popcorn to the homeless people. What?
Berta, our cleaning lady, also tried to help us finding the meaning for this... thing:
It was an interesting morning.

Speaking of this morning, here are some random shots from breakfast time. Osvaldo didn't want his picture taken:
Jesus and Nayeli DID want their pictures taken:
And Diego just sat nicely. Look at slick hair!
The big kids at their table:

2 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Meghan, the lovely lady with no suitors who doesn't want to be asked about their existence or absence:
I think you should write a post about what exactly Welcome Home is, who started it, why, what you do, etc. Because all I know is that it's cool, there are cute kids, and you build stuff (and hit your forehead on level strings in doorways).

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,
Is your mom holding a candle holder, upside down? j/c

 

Post a Comment

<< Home