Saturday, June 30, 2007

Unpredictable

Living in a smaller town in Mexico means a completely different lifestyle than the one I am used to in Portland, or in Korea. The Korean lifestyle means staying up late and getting up a little later in the morning. My schedule in Korea meant going to bed about 1am, getting up about 9am, going running, and then working 4pm-10pm. Here in Mexico, however, I am now in bed most nights by 10pm and up at 5:30 or 6:30, depending on if I'm running or not.

The different lifestyle also includes people dropping by, and the unpredictability about what might happen in a day. This morning my parents left for San Diego to pick up two groups (which was planned), and will be gone today and tomorrow. This means I'm the boss (jefe!). We have one group that left this morning, one that is here until tomorrow, and a new one arriving today. Aye! This morning I tried to oversee breakfast, and afterward said goodbye to one of our groups. Leonel, a friend of Welcome Home, was here to say goodbye to the group he had worked with during the week. David, another friend, then stopped by to try to see the other directors, who are also gone. Both boys ended up staying- David helped Cande (our cook) with some chores, they ate breakfast, and Leonel and I spent a good part of the morning looking up music videos on the internet. I hadn't planned to spend my morning this way, but it was a welcome visit because I actually don't have much to do. They just left, and it's almost lunchtime!

I was also going to have my friends over tonight (hey, the parents are gone!), but those plans fell through, and that sort of thing just happens, which is fine. I'll probably watch Rabbit-proof Fence tonight, a movie my mom has and recommended. That, and some reading, and I'm good! Mom and Dad and bringing back these two groups, one of which is from my home church. It will be good to spend the week with them, since I only saw them once when I was back in Portland.

My camera has decided to have a lens error, and so I have no pictures :( I'm hoping it also just decides to fix itself. And soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home