Monday, April 23, 2007

More Market talk

Saturday we were at Namdaemun market in central Seoul. It seemed as if Namdaemun had a lot of shops. We saw quite a few tourists and travelers, and the shops sold things like food, glasses, handbags, Korean souvenirs, etc. Stephanie saw these turtles and wanted one for a pet, but our friend informed us their futures would not be as companions, but as dinner:

On the same day some of our friends were Dongdaemun market, which apparently is in one of the old soccer stadiums and is really more like a flea market. They say you can find really random and offbeat things there. What great friends they are, because they found and bought us a used shirt! If you can't read it, it says "What is an Oregonian?" and on the back there's a definition. Nice! Thanks Carrie and Will (pictured) and Carolina!

3 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Matt said...

I feel bad for those turtles. By the way this is Chuck Norris from the Decapolis board. I thought I would post a comment and invite you to check out my blog at microwavablemartian.blogspot.com I haven't written about my love of Strawberry Nesquik and Mexican Pop, but I'll let you know when I do.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger WF said...

So, what exactly is an Oregonian?

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

Well, Mr. Fett an Oregonian is a noun, first and foremost. Here are the definitions: 1. A curious, web-footed, moss-backed creature who complains when it's wet. 2. Misses the rain when it's dry. 3. Believes that paradise lies somewhere between California and Washington.

I don't really agree with #1, I do agree with #2, and I definitely agree with #3.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home