Thursday, April 26, 2007

Outback

There are a few Western restaurants (say that ten times fast) over here in Korea that are very popular and T.G.I. Friday's and Outback Steakhouse are the two biggest. It's quite funny, because in a city of this size and architecture, the restaurants are inside other buildings and usually have small storefronts. When I first got here I thought for sure that these couldn't really be authentic Outback Steakhouses. They looked dark inside, were only a small storefront in large buildings, and they were EVERYWHERE. Well, even in our neighborhood we have one, and Stephanie and I have been there a couple times. They are actually just like home except that a lot of the menu is in Korean. But, luckily, the menu still says "Ribs on the Barbie" and I don't need any help reading that.

And speaking of ribs: the other day my kids were making a paragraph and they had to use the new words "rib cage". So, I was trying to explain what that is, modeling it with my fingers, and one of the boys in the back said "ah, ribs on the barbie". And I pointed to him and I said "you, my friend, must eat at Outback Steakhouse."

I enjoyed that.

1 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, the kid obviously thinks you look like a Barbie doll.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home