Thursday, May 03, 2007

The land of no news

Well, I haven't written anything on here in a while because not much has been happening. Last weekend we bypassed any sightseeing or performances and actually spent the whole day on the U.S. Army base with our friend, who lives there. She was really great to host us. The army base feels like a small American town and it seemed like we had an all-American day. We slept in, ate Taco Bell for lunch (the only Taco Bell in Korea), went to the base's putt-putt golf course, played some board games, went for a bike ride, and it was all topped by a HUGE bbq that her dad and mom made for their family. It was quite the day! Even better, the weather was great- warm and sunny, but not too hot. So, beyond that, it's just work and life. Something exciting will happen in the next week or so and I'll be all over this blog like you wouldn't believe.

But, to tide you over until then (because I know you depend on this blog for entertainment- ha!), here are some excerpts from some of my students' writing. Again, this is my younger (5th-6th grade) higher level class. I believe their question was what would they do with some large amount of money.

If I could buy ine very expensive thing for myself, I would buy an island. Because, I have a little bit of the world and I can have the land. So , I can ask out the people and rule the island with mine.- Rina

If I have lots of money, I´m gonna buy a nice house. Because my dream was I want to live in a nice and giant house. And also because a little bit times later, it will be expensiver than when I bought first time. So I'll sell them. -Daniel (smart boy!)

If I could buy one very expensive thing for myself, I would a seaside villa. Because when I´m in summer vacation, I can go travel sea and do not pay money for condominium or villa.- April

If I could buy one very expensive thing for myself. I could buy Luxury camping car. First, I always want buy a camping car. because, it is so nice and expensive.- Belle (that's an RV to all you Americans)

First, I want to buy a puppy, because all the time I anvy my friend who has puppies. However my mother and I have allergy for fur , so I can´t buy one, and my mom always says she is so tired to bring up me and my brother so she can´t feed any more animals . - Amy

If I could buy one very expensive thing for myself, then I buy sung-la-mon to be my house. Because I can feel that I get at the top of high power in korean. Why? it is very important cultural properties, so I will get very high power very easy! - Jaina (Sung-la-Mon is the big gate in Korea... my students told me that the other name is Namdaemun)

Also, if we go to the space, a scene is very beautiful.So , I like space. Second,go to space is very fun and fantastic experience. I can take a lot of pictures, and if we are very lucky,we can meet an Aliens.- David

If I could buy one very expensive thing for myself is the very expensive computer because, my computer has been broken many time so it is difficult to fix it.- Mark

If I could buy one very expensive thing for myself, I will buy an island. Because I can offer the good scene for people. I will not offer only scene also I will offer clear water, beautiful fish and coral and fine weather. Oh! I will make the hotel because people can live in the hotel and everyday they can play!- Cruise

If I had enough money, I would buy all guns of the whole world. Guns are so dangerous that I want to use them in good ways. Maybe, you want to say like this ″What does it mean?″. Then, here I go! First, I would buy all guns as soon as they are made for clearing accidents of guns. A few days ago, a matter in Virginia college made many people sad. If civilian didn´t have guns, unhappy matters like this wouldn´t occur.- Hannah (Hannah's a thinker)

If I could buy one very expensive thing for myself, I want to buy other expensive things but I want to buy the biggest house in the world. First reason is because, if I have the biggest house , I can live with all my family in a house. I am not worrying about loneliness because I can live with all my family in a house and talk with them.-YoonJi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home